Saving Money and Energy in the Workplace
Here are 10 ways to keep your building cool and comfortable this summer:
- Use a smart programmable communicating thermostat (PCT) and set it at 78°F in the summer when the building is occupied. Adjust the temperature by a few degrees after hours. To learn more about smart thermostats visit sdge.com/thermostats.
- Inspect control schedules to heat only sections of the building as needed.
- Rewire restroom fans to operate with the lights.
- Service your HVAC system twice a year.
- Clean or replace HVAC filters once a month.
- Turn off all non-security lighting after hours.
- Consider adjustable speed drives.
- Use LED exit signs.
- Install occupancy sensors.
- Turn off computers, monitors, printers and copiers after hours. Consider assigning someone to make sure equipment is turned off at the end of the work day.
To find energy-savings tips and ideas for your specific industry, visit sdge.com/industry.
Tagged under: energy conservation, energy expo, energy news, energy showcase, SDG&E, sdg&e expo, sdg&e innovation center, SDG&E Newsletter, sdg&e showcase
Search the Site
- CCC’s First Multi-Organization Business/Community Mixer
- San Diego